Finally! The hotfix package we all have been waiting for.
For starters, grab the hotfix package here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2956985
The fixes are as follows:
- Enhancements to publishing and refresh performance have been made in all App-V deployment scenarios (RDS, Traditional Desktop, and VDI).
- Publishing and start performance have been implemented in non-persistent VDI or RDS deployments together with a user environment management (UEM) technology.
- Package converter has reported low success rates and low detection diagnosis.
- Virtual application packages that require write access to any files and folders in the virtual environment are incompatible with App-V 5.0.
- Upgraded versions of virtual application packages cannot be deployed in parallel with the original version of the package on the client.
- Virtual application packages that contain shortcuts to executable (.exe) files on a network share cannot start those executables if the system account does not have access to the network share.
- App-V Deployment configuration does not handle certain registry settings correctly.
- The Windows PowerShell window is listed on the taskbar during App-V Client startup.
- App-V Service crashes when packages are deployed through System Center Configuration Manager.
All things considered, I would consider this App-V 5.1 with the way Microsoft has been naming their product updates as of late. Things that caught my eye: Writable VFS, improved performance in VDI environments, and application shortcuts on the network.
As always, please use caution when deploying an update and test on a non-production system first.